Use ## to create sections (Learn more)
# Discuss the really old bugs and patches (i.e anything before 08?) close/accept/reject?
* Old bugs and patches: AlexP will look through patches later
# GSoC Status
* gsoc status: kugel,bieber, ok. mt, exams?, archivator, unkown
# NoDo list
- DRM: impossible
- other FS: NoDo, but explain better
- scandisk: drop the nodo
- alphabetical list skipping: drop the nodo
- nonstandard tags: philosophical, drop the nodo, add "no nonstandard tags if the standard tags are there"
- archos things: -> Archos FAQ
- configurable menus -> make proposal first, serious discussion (list requirements)
- configurable keymaps -> make proposal first, serious discussion (list requirements)
- advanced settings -> stays nodo, might be provided by configurable menus anyway
- bootloader menu -> no impact for default case (except a few seeks), config file on disk (if not there->current behaviour), no reflashing to reconfigure
* naysayers: not much
# Use the rockbox fund to sponsor students outside of gsoc
* paying people: no, because of (a) legal implications of employing people, and (b) limited funds
# Should people be available on IRC when committing?
* being on irc after committing: yes. For various reasons
# Do we have a community atmosphere problem, and if so, how can we do better?
* community atmosphere: try to ask people to (a) pause for a bit, (b) move to ML. No fixed rule
# Work out a transition procedure for the build system for the changeover to gcc 4.4.4 (eabi) for ARM.
* eabi transition: go ahead, platform names are easy
# The coldfire bootloader situation. Right now we don't have anyone who is active, has the necessary players, and has the tools to unbrick them.
* iriver bootloader: someone will get the tools. AustinAppel, FrankGevaerts, JensArnold and PeterDHoye have both h1xx and h3xx
# Commit message template for FS tasks: do we have an official standard? is everyone aware of it?
* commit messages: "<description> FS#12387 by <patch author>"
The RockboxSteeringBoard after two years
- *not* proactive, last resort
- mail alias that goes to all RSB members
- anyone can email, but committers are less likely to be ignored
- invoking is confidential
- RSB decides which information to publish and who to inform
- discussions and consensuses should be documented on the wiki
- information should be on the wiki, not in the forums or ML. Pay attention to New Ports threads
- lock AMS thread. Most of the targets are good enough for standard support
- unsuppported builds: Torne will warn/close some ipod threads. Standard inactivity timeout 4 months, one release cycle
- tracker cleanup weekends. Announce to users, so they can come to IRC and we look immediately.
- Try to involve users in wiki and tracker maintenance
Share the private access URL responsibly.
Anyone will be able to find and view this paste. Google will index it.
All your pastes are belong to us.