Use ## to create sections (Learn more)
* build a path from an entry upto the root using recursion
* it appends '/' after strlcat, therefore buf needs to be prepared with '/'
* and it will leave a trailing '/'
* returns the position of that trailing '/' so it can be deleted afterwards
* (or, in case of truncation, the position of the nul byte */
static size_t copy_path_helper(const struct dircache_entry *entry, char *buf, size_t size)
int offset = 1;
/* has parent? */
offset += copy_path_helper(entry->up, buf, size);
size_t len = strlcpy(buf+offset, entry->d_name, size - offset) + offset;
if (len < size)
buf[len++] = '/';
buf[len] = '\0';
* Function to copy the full absolute path from dircache to the given buffer
* using the given dircache_entry pointer.
* Returns the size of the resulting string, or 0 if an error occured
size_t dircache_copy_path(int index, char *buf, size_t size)
if (!size || !buf || index < 0)
buf = '/';
size_t res = copy_path_helper(&dircache_root[index], buf, size - 1);
/* fixup trailing '/' */
buf[res] = '\0';
Share the private access URL responsibly.
Anyone will be able to find and view this paste. Google will index it.
Use Pastie in your quest to save humanity, not in your evil plots to take over the world!