Nate Goebel. 1981-2013.
My brother departed this world Sunday evening... he was with family, without pain, at peace,
and had no doubt he was headed to a better place.
I sincerely thank everyone who donated to help him
and his family.Nate's Blog
# Discuss the really old bugs and patches (i.e anything before 08?) close/accept/reject?
* Old bugs and patches: AlexP will look through patches later
# GSoC Status
* gsoc status: kugel,bieber, ok. mt, exams?, archivator, unkown
# NoDo list
- DRM: impossible
- other FS: NoDo, but explain better
- scandisk: drop the nodo
- alphabetical list skipping: drop the nodo
- nonstandard tags: philosophical, drop the nodo, add "no nonstandard tags if the standard tags are there"
- archos things: -> Archos FAQ
- configurable menus -> make proposal first, serious discussion (list requirements)
- configurable keymaps -> make proposal first, serious discussion (list requirements)
- advanced settings -> stays nodo, might be provided by configurable menus anyway
- bootloader menu -> no impact for default case (except a few seeks), config file on disk (if not there->current behaviour), no reflashing to reconfigure
* naysayers: not much
# Use the rockbox fund to sponsor students outside of gsoc
* paying people: no, because of (a) legal implications of employing people, and (b) limited funds
# Should people be available on IRC when committing?
* being on irc after committing: yes. For various reasons
# Do we have a community atmosphere problem, and if so, how can we do better?
* community atmosphere: try to ask people to (a) pause for a bit, (b) move to ML. No fixed rule
# Work out a transition procedure for the build system for the changeover to gcc 4.4.4 (eabi) for ARM.
* eabi transition: go ahead, platform names are easy
# The coldfire bootloader situation. Right now we don't have anyone who is active, has the necessary players, and has the tools to unbrick them.
* iriver bootloader: someone will get the tools. AustinAppel, FrankGevaerts, JensArnold and PeterDHoye have both h1xx and h3xx
# Commit message template for FS tasks: do we have an official standard? is everyone aware of it?
* commit messages: "<description> FS#12387 by <patch author>"
The RockboxSteeringBoard after two years
- *not* proactive, last resort
- mail alias that goes to all RSB members
- anyone can email, but committers are less likely to be ignored
- invoking is confidential
- RSB decides which information to publish and who to inform
* AOB - discussions and consensuses should be documented on the wiki
- information should be on the wiki, not in the forums or ML. Pay attention to New Ports threads
- lock AMS thread. Most of the targets are good enough for standard support
- unsuppported builds: Torne will warn/close some ipod threads. Standard inactivity timeout 4 months, one release cycle
- tracker cleanup weekends. Announce to users, so they can come to IRC and we look immediately.
- Try to involve users in wiki and tracker maintenance
With great power comes great responsibility. Pastie wisely.